Alan Shearer will go down as a Premier League great. The former England captain guaranteed goals every season.
Alan Shearer is the Premier League's greatest ever goal scorer
Shearer's no-nonsense centre-forward play saw him the top scorer in the Premier League 6 times during his career. His game was based on physical abilities but his technique for striking the ball, volleying and headers meant he was a master craftsman.
- Finishing ability from anywhere around or in the box
- Great leader of the line & team
When you played against Shearer you were in for a physical battle and if you lost concentration he would normally score.football4football training team
Although he was one of the game's most feared strikers - he only won one trophy (Premier League winner 1996 with Blackburn) in an 18-year career, playing for Southampton, Blackburn & Newcastle.
He was a dream for midfielders, he would chase lost causes, always show for the ball and try to get on ANY crosses into the box. This commitment meant that despite some serious injuries, including an ACL injury he always returned to goalscoring form.
- He scored 3 aged 17 on his Southampton debut against Arsenal
- His Premier League record of 260 still stands (he retired in 2006)
- In 1996 he was the most expensive player in the world (£15m)